Tuesday, March 21, 2023

My Process over the Years

 

 
Came upon this old card from the 80's. Got me thinking how much my process has change since I design my first greeting card for Sunrise Greetings. I just started to travel after college. Everything was definitely fresh & inspiring. Many of my travel photos were turned into illustrations. Then I got my first cat & other pets...



                                                             Greeting cards are perfect for adorable pets.


Some of my best selling cards came from my beloved pets. It's true what they say, paint what you love. These days, a lot of my designs kind of reveal itself on the computer.  I pull up a few existing designs from my archive & click away on Procreate. I will save the file if I see something that appeals to my eyes. They can languish there forever. Once in a blue moon, I will focus on a pretty design & see where it leads me. It's still fun, even though I dont paint that much, there's always some new trick

to learn & experiment.




No comments: